A house fire today in the northwest valley that caused an estimated $300,000 in damage was caused by a faulty stove, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials.
The fire was reported about 12:25 p.m. today in the 5300 block of Fort Apache Road, south of Ann Road, officials said. A single-story house was fully involved in flames when firefighters arrived, officials said.
No injuries were reported, but the house was gutted, officials said.
A limited number of fire hydrants in the area and gusting winds added to the challenge of fighting the blaze, officials said.